ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title.
3. Power to vest control of war graves and cemeteries in Commission.
4. Powers of Commission.
5. Protection of private rights.
6. Exclusive right of burial.
7. Power to remove bodies from war graves.
8. Offences in relation to war graves.
THE WAR GRAVES ACT
An Act to provide for the control of war graves.
[1st February, 1924]
3 of 1924
40 of 1960
This Act may be cited as the War Graves Act.
In this Act unless the context otherwise requires–
"the Commission" means the Commonwealth War Graves Commission 1, a body corporate constituted by the Royal Charter of the 21st May, 1917, and so entitled by virtue of a Supplemental Royal Charter of the 28th March, 1960;
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.