ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title and application.
DISSOLUTION AND VESTING PROVISIONS
3. Dissolution of former corporation.
4. Vesting of assets and liabilities of former corporation into new entities.
CONSEQUENTIAL AND TRANSITIONAL PROVISIONS
5. Transitional period.
6. Appointment of Transition Management Committee.
7. Provisions regarding Tanzania Posts and Telecommunications Corporation employees.
8. Provisions applicable to transferred staff.
9. Continuation and completion of disciplinary proceedings.
10. [Repeal of Act No. 15 of 1977.]
THE TANZANIA POSTS AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS (VESTING OF ASSETS AND LIABILITIES) ACT
An Act to vest the assets and liabilities of Tanzania Posts and Telecommunications Corporation into new designated entities and to provide for other related transitional matters.
[1st January, 1994]
Act No. 21 of 1993
PRELIMINARY PROVISIONS (ss 1-2)
(1) This Act may be cited as the Tanzania Posts and Telecommunications (Vesting of Assets and Liabilities) Act and shall come into operation on the 1st day of January, 1994.
(2) This Act shall apply to Tanzania Zanzibar as well as to Mainland Tanzania.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires–
"assets" includes all property movable or immovable and all estates, easements and rights whether equitable or legal in, to or out of property, choses-in-action, money and goodwill;
"Commission" means the Tanzania Communications Commission established by the Tanzania Communications Act *;
"Committee" means the Transition Management Committee established by section 6;
"Company" means the Tanzania Telecommunications Company Limited by the Tanzania Posts and Telecommunications Corporation Act *;
"Corporation" means the Tanzania Posts Corporation established by the Tanzania Posts Corporation Act *;
"former corporation" means the Tanzania Posts and Telecommunications Corporation established by the Tanzania Posts and Telecommunications Corporation Act *;
"liabilities" means liabilities, debts, charges, duties and obligations of every description, whether present or future, actual or contingent, and whether payable to be observed or performed in the United Republic or elsewhere;
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.