ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title.
3. Establishment of the Organisation.
4. Composition and proceedings of Board.
5. Functions of the Organisation.
6. Powers of Board.
8. Minister may give directions to Organisation.
9. Funds of Organisation.
10. Appointment of employees.
11. Remuneration and allowance of members.
12. Superannuation benefits.
13. Powers of the Board to delegate.
14. Annual and supplementary budget.
15. Director-General's report.
17. Power to borrow.
18. Accounts and audit.
19. Laying of accounts before the National Assembly.
THE SMALL INDUSTRIES DEVELOPMENT ORGANISATION ACT
An Act to establish the Small Industries Development Organisation.
[7th December, 1973]
Act No. 28 of 1973
This Act may be cited as the Small Industries Development Organisation Act.
In this Act unless the context requires otherwise–
"appointing authority" means–
(a) in relation to the Chairman of the Board, the President;
(b) in the case of any other member of the Board, the Minister;
"Board" means the Board of Directors of the Organisation;
"Chairman" means the Chairman of the Board;
"Director-General" means the Director-General of the Organisation;
"member" in relation to the Board, means a member of the Board and includes the Chairman and Vice-Chairman;
"Minister" means the Minister responsible for industries;
"Organisation" means the Small Industries Development Organisation established by section 3.
(1) There is hereby established an organisation to be known as the Small Industries Development Organisation.
(2) The Organisation shall be a body corporate and shall–
(a) have perpetual succession and a common seal;
(b) in its corporate name be capable of suing and being sued;
(c) subject to this Act, be capable of purchasing and otherwise acquiring and of alienating, any movable or immovable property.
(1) There shall be a Board of Directors which shall be responsible for the performance of the functions and the management of the affairs of the organisation.
(2) The provisions of the Schedule to this Act shall have effect as to the constitution and the proceedings of the Board.
(3) The Minister may, by order published in the Gazette, amend, add to, vary or replace the Schedule to this Act.
The functions of the Organisation shall be–
(a) to promote the development of small industries in Tanzania;
(b) to plan and co-ordinate the activities of small industry enterprises;
(c) to carry out market research in goods manufactured by small industries;
(d) to provide services necessary for or incidental to proper development of small industries to parastatal organisations and other persons engaged in small industry enterprises;
(e) to advise the Government on all matters relating to the development of small industries;
(f) to carry out research in the development of small industries and marketing of their products including the standard and quality of such products;
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.