ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title.
THE TANZANIA PYRETHRUM BOARD
3. Establishment and constitution of the Board.
4. Board to be a body corporate.
5. Functions of the Board.
6. Minister may vary Board functions.
7. Power to operate pyrethrum extract plant.
8. Power to delegate.
9. Meetings and procedure of the Board.
10. Remuneration of members.
11. Appointment of Chief Executive.
12. Liability of members, employees of the Board, etc.
13. Annual report.
15. Funds and resources.
16. Pyrethrum Trust Fund.
17. Purposes for which Trust Fund may be applied.
18. Power to raise or borrow money.
19. Power to invest.
20. Books of accounts and audit.
22. Repeal of R.L. Cap. 421 and savings.
THE PYRETHRUM ACT
An Act to repeal the Pyrethrum Ordinance and enact the Pyrethrum Act to provide for regulation improvement and development of the pyrethrum industry.
[1st October, 1997]
[G.N. No. 689 of 1997]
Act No. 1 of 1997
PRELIMINARY PROVISIONS (ss 1-2)
This Act may be cited as the Pyrethrum Act.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires–
"Board" means the Tanzania Pyrethrum Board established under section 3;
"Commissioner" means the Commissioner of Agriculture;
"Fund" means Pyrethrum Industry Development Trust Fund established under section 16;
"Minister" means the minister for the time being responsible for agriculture;
"Northern area" includes Arusha, Kilimanjaro and Tanga regions;
"pyrethrum" means the plant known botanically as Chrysanthemum cinerariefolium or any part thereof, and includes the dried flowers and any product of such plant;
"Pyrethrum Growers Association" means an association of licensed pyrethrum growers including a cooperative society the constitution and rules of which have been approved by the Minister and includes the Northern Area Pyrethrum Growers Association and the Southern Area Pyrethrum Growers Association;
"sell" includes agreement of contract to sell;
"southern area" includes Iringa, Mbeya and Rukwa regions.
THE TANZANIA PYRETHRUM BOARD (ss 3-13)
(1) There shall be established a Board to be known as the Tanzania Pyrethrum Board whose directors shall consist of–
(a) such number of persons appointed by the Minister being not fewer than two nor more than four as the Minister may decide, and being persons from Northern Tanzania Pyrethrum Growing area or nominated by the Pyrethrum Growing Association, as the case may be;
(b) such number of persons appointed by the Minister being not fewer than one nor more than two as the Minister may decide, and being persons from Northern Tanzania Pyrethrum Growers area or nominated by the Pyrethrum Growers Association, as the case may be; and
(c) not more than two other persons appointed by the Minister from amongst persons who, in his opinion, possess knowledge and experience likely to be of benefit to pyrethrum industry.
(2) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (1), the Minister may, after consultation with the Board, by notice in the Gazette, from time to time vary the composition of the Board and the authorities or associations entitled to nominate members.
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.