ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title.
3. Vesting of land in Minister.
4. Declaration of public recreation grounds.
5. Local government authorities to manage and control public recreation grounds.
6. Duty of local government authorities.
7. Powers of local government authorities in relation to recreation grounds.
8. Compensation for damage.
9. Fines to be paid to local government authorities.
10. Legal proceedings.
11. Police may arrest offenders.
12. Recreation grounds established under Cap. 287 or 288.
THE PUBLIC RECREATION GROUNDS ACT
An Act to provide for the establishment, control and management of public recreation grounds.
[1st March, 1954]
46 of 1952
49 of 1958
[R.L. Cap. 320]
48 of 1966
10 of 1968
This Act may be cited as the Public Recreation Grounds Act.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires–
"local government authority" means where the area is that of a city council or municipal council, the city council or municipal council, as the case may be, constituted under the provisions of the Local Government (Urban Authorities) Act *; and where the area is that of a town council or district council, the town council or the district council, as the case may be, constituted under the provisions of the Local Government (District Authorities) Act *;
"recreation ground" means an area declared by the Minister responsible for lands by order under section 4 of this Act to be a public recreation ground.
It is hereby declared that all areas of land which immediately before the coming into operation of this Act were vested in the Committee of Control appointed under the Recreation Grounds (Management) Ordinance shall on the coming into operation of this Act vest in the Minister and may be dealt with by him under the provisions of the Land Act * as public land.
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.