ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title.
3. Declaration of preserved areas.
4. Effect of declaration of public land to be preserved area.
5. Saving as to existing rights of occupancy acquired under customary law and customs.
6. Recording of title saved.
8. Compensation for extinguishment of certain titles.
THE PUBLIC LAND (PRESERVED AREAS) ACT
An Act to provide for the preservation of public land for the purpose of its better utilisation and development and for the conservation of the natural resources.
[1st July, 1954]
12 of 1954
[R.L. Cap. 338]
28 of 1965
17 of 1966
This Act may be cited as the Public Land (Preserved Areas) Act.
(1) In this Act unless the context otherwise requires–
"effective date" in relation to any preserved area means the date specified in an order made under section 3 of this Act to be the date on which that area becomes a preserved area;
"Government lease" has the meaning ascribed to the expression in the Freehold Titles (Conversion) and Government Leases Act *;
"Minister" means the Minister responsible for lands;
"preserved area" means an area of public land declared by the Minister to be a preserved area under the provisions of section 3 of this Act.
(2) Save in respect of the expressions defined in subsection (1) of this section, the expressions contained in this Act shall have the meanings assigned to them in the Land Act *.
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.