ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title, interpretation and application.
2. Powers to make detention orders.
3. Right to challenge detention order.
4. Execution of detention orders.
5. Arrest and detention.
6. Rescission and suspension.
7. Persons detained may make representations.
8. Detention to be published in the Gazette.
9. Advisory Committee.
THE PREVENTIVE DETENTION ACT
An Act to provide for preventive detention.
[5th October, 1962]
Act No. 60 of 1962
[R.L. Cap. 490]
C.A. Act No. 2 of 1985
(1) This Act may be cited as the Preventive Detention Act, and shall apply to Mainland Tanzania as well as Tanzania Zanzibar.
(2) In this Act, unless the context requires otherwise–
"the Committee" means the Advisory Committee established under section 7;
"detention order" means an order made under section 2;
"persons" includes a person who is not a citizen of the United Republic.
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.