ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title.
RESTRICTION ON IMPORT, TRANSPORT, STORAGE, SALE AND USE OF PETROLEUM
4. Restriction on import, transport, etc.
6. Petroleum not to be kept in contravention of the Act.
7. Penalty on licence holders contravening the Act.
8. Penalty for contravening regulations relating to transport.
9. Penalty for contraventions in respect of petroleum in vessels.
11. Penalty for failing to give notice to port authorities.
12. General penalty.
13. [Repeal of R.L. Cap. 225.]
16. [Transitional provisions.]
THE PETROLEUM (CONSERVATION) ACT
An Act to provide for the regulation of the import, transport, storage, distribution, sale and use of petroleum and petroleum products, and related matters.
[5th October, 1981]
[G.N. No. 118 of 1981]
Act No. 18 of 1981
PRELIMINARY PROVISIONS (ss 1-3)
This Act may be cited as the Petroleum (Conservation) Act.
The provisions of this Act shall apply to all persons, all departments of the Government, all public corporations and all companies established under the Companies Act * and to the Tanzania People's Defence Forces and all persons employed by or under them, and to all such other entitled or persons who may deal in petroleum or petroleum products:
Provided that any regulations made under this Act may be expressed not to apply.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires–
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.