ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title.
THE MEDICAL STORES DEPARTMENT
3. Establishment of the Department.
4. Functions of the Department.
THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
5. Establishment of the Board.
6. Composition of the Board.
7. Functions of the Board.
8. Meetings of the Board.
ADMINISTRATION OF THE DEPARTMENT
10. Directors and other staff of the Department.
11. Remuneration of the Board.
FINANCIAL AND MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
13. Funds and other resources of the Department.
14. Financial year.
15. Accounts and audit.
16. The Medical Tender Board.
THE MEDICAL STORES DEPARTMENT ACT
An Act to establish the Medical Stores Department for the procurement, storage and distribution of medical supplies and to provide for other matters connected or incidental to the establishment and management of the Department.
[1st December, 1993]
[G.N. No. 259 of 1993]
Act No. 13 of 1993
PRELIMINARY PROVISIONS (ss 1-2)
This Act may be cited as the Medical Stores Department Act.
In this Act unless the context requires otherwise–
"approved drugs" means the drugs approved by the Pharmacy Board established under any law for the time being relating to pharmaceutical;
"Board" means the Board of Trustees established under section 5;
"Department" means the Medical Stores Department established by section 3;
"Director-General" means the Director-General of the Department appointed under section 10;
"Minister" means the Minister for the time being responsible for health.
THE MEDICAL STORES DEPARTMENT (ss 3-4)
(1) There is hereby established within the Ministry responsible for health an autonomous department to be known as the Medical Stores Department.
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.