ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title.
3. National Advisory Council.
4. Functions of the National Advisory Council.
6. Functions of the Committees.
REGISTRATION OF DISABLED PERSONS AND SETTLEMENTS FOR DISABLED PERSONS
7. Register of disabled persons.
8. Registration of persons handicapped with disablement.
9. Register of settlements for disabled persons.
10. Requirement of registration of settlements for disabled persons.
11. Minister may prescribe standards for the maintenance of settlements for the disabled.
12. Government may enter into an agreement with a voluntary organisation in running a settlement for disabled persons.
13. Power to inspect settlements for the disabled.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE OF PERSONS HANDICAPPED BY DISABLEMENT
14. Relative to have an obligation to care for a person handicapped with disablement.
15. Power of the court to order maintenance of persons handicapped with disablement.
16. Local authority to provide facilities for the care and maintenance of disabled persons.
17. Disabled persons may be admitted in a settlement for the disabled.
18. Establishment of a National Fund for Disabled Persons.
19. Objects of the Fund.
20. Transitional provisions.
THE DISABLED PERSONS (CARE AND MAINTENANCE) ACT
An Act to provide for the care and maintenance of disabled persons and for purposes connected with those matters.
[15th October, 1983]
[G.N. No. 139 of 1983]
Act No. 3 of 1982
PRELIMINARY PROVISIONS (ss 1-2)
This Act may be cited as the Disabled Persons (Care and Maintenance) Act.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires–
"Commissioner" means the Commissioner of Social Welfare;
"disabled person" means a person who, on account of injury, old age, disease or congenital deformity, is substantially handicapped in obtaining employment, or in undertaking work on his own account, of a kind which apart from that injury, old age, disease or deformity would be suited to his age, experience and qualification, and–
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.