CONSTITUENCIES DEVELOPMENT CATALYST FUND ACT
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title.
THE CONSTITUENCIES DEVELOPMENT CATALYST FUND
4. Establishment of CDCF.
5. Allocation of funds.
6. Funds to be retained in the CDCF.
7. Disbursement from the CDCF.
8. Personal awards to be excluded.
9. Accounts and audit.
CONSTITUENCY DEVELOPMENT CATALYST COMMITTEE
10. Composition of Constituency Development Catalyst Committee.
11. Responsibilities of the Constituency Development Catalyst Committee.
CONSTITUENCY PROJECTS SUBMISSION LIST
12. Member of Parliament to keep record.
13. Deadline for approval of project.
SUBMISSION, SCRUTINY AND IMPLEMENTATION OF PROJECTS
14. Government department to implement.
15. Procurement of services, goods and works.
16. Department to maintain records.
17. Returns to Constituencies Development Catalyst Fund.
18. Community initiatives to be eligible.
TYPES OF PROJECTS
19. Projects to be community based.
20. Description of projects.
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
21. Designation of an Accountant.
22. Constituency account.
23. Bank account of the Fund.
24. Record of disbursements to be kept.
25. Financial year.
27. Complementary to other projects.
28. Offences and penalties.
THE CONSTITUENCIES DEVELOPMENT CATALYST FUND ACT
An Act to establish the Constituencies Development Catalyst Fund, to provide for allocation and an orderly disbursement of funds to constituencies and for prudent management, compilation of records, returns and reports from constituencies and to provide for other related matters.
[1st July, 2009]
Act No. 16 of 2009
PRELIMINARY PROVISIONS (ss 1-3)
This Act may be cited as the Constituencies Development Catalyst Fund Act.
(1) This Act shall apply to Mainland Tanzania as well as to Tanzania Zanzibar.
(2) This Act shall apply in relation to a portion of the national annual budget devoted to the electoral constituencies for purposes of development of each of such constituencies.
In this Act, unless the context requires otherwise–
"Committee" means a Constituency Development Catalyst Committee;
"community" means residents of a particular geographical area or constituency;
(a) when used in relation to a district, the District Council for the district;
(b) when used in relation to town, municipal and city, the Town Council, Municipal Council and the City Council;
"Council Planning Officer" means a public officer employed by the local government authority responsible for all development projects in the Council;
"constituency" means an electoral constituency established by Electoral Commission pursuant to Article 75 of the Constitution;
"constituency account" means the account maintained for every constituency in accordance with the provisions of section 22;
"Constituency Development Catalyst Committee" means the Committee established under section 10;
"Minister" means the Minister responsible for local governments;
"Sheha" means a leader of a local government authority established by the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar below the District Council, and the term "Shehia" shall be construed as meaning a local government authority established as such;
"Submission List" means the Constituency Projects Submission List compiled in terms of section 12.
THE CONSTITUENCIES DEVELOPMENT CATALYST FUND (ss 4-9)
(1) There shall be established for the purposes of development projects in every electoral constituency the Constituency Development Catalyst Fund, also to be known by both acronyms of the Fund or "CDCF."
(2) The administration and management of the Constituency Development Catalyst Fund shall be co-ordinated by the Minister responsible for local governments in respect of funds allocated for constituencies which are situated in Mainland Tanzania and the Minister responsible for Union Matters in respect of funds allocated for constituencies which are situate in Tanzania Zanzibar.
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.