ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title.
3. Establishment of the College and functions.
ESTABLISHMENT OF GOVERNING BODY
4. Establishment and incorporation of Governing Body.
5. Functions of Governing Body.
6. Appointment of Principal and Deputy Principal.
7. Academic staff.
8. Administrative staff.
9. Delegation of powers of appointment.
10. Vesting of assets.
11. Management of assets.
12. Funds of the College.
13. Borrowing powers.
15. Annual estimates.
16. Accounts and audit.
17. Rules and orders.
18. Members of Governing Body not personally liable.
19. Minister may give directions.
20. Minister to have access to accounts, etc.
21. Factors to be taken into account in making appointments of members.
THE COLLEGE OF WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT ACT
An Act to establish the College of Wildlife Management.
[1st July, 1964]
8 of 1964
[R.L. Cap. 549]
1 of 1968
41 of 1969
39 of 1974
32 of 1994
PRELIMINARY PROVISIONS (ss 1-3)
This Act may be cited as the College of Wildlife Management Act.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires–
"College" means the College of Wildlife Management;
"college year" means such period of twelve months as the Governing Body may determine;
"decrees" means decrees made by the Governing Body under section 5;
"financial year" means the period of twelve months commencing on the first day of July in any year;
"Governing Body" means the Governing Body of the College established by section 4;
"member" in relation to the Governing Body includes the Chairman;
"Minister" means the Minister responsible for matters relating to wildlife;
"Principal" means the Principal of the College appointed under section 6.
(1) There is hereby established a College to be known as the College of Wildlife Management.
(2) The functions of the College shall be–
(a) to provide technical and professional training in Wildlife Management at the levels of short courses, certificates, Diploma or Post Graduate;
(b) to provide research and consultancy services in applied wildlife management to individuals and organisations concerned with conservation and management of wildlife and hence enhancing the primary teaching role.
ESTABLISHMENT OF GOVERNING BODY (ss 4-5)
(1) There is hereby established a body to be known as the Governing Body of the College of Wildlife Management and the government, control and administration of the College shall be vested in the governing body in accordance with the provisions of this Act.
(2) The Governing Body shall–
(a) be a body corporate in the name of the Governing Body of the College of Wildlife Management with perpetual succession and a common seal;
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.