ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title.
3. The College.
ESTABLISHMENT OF GOVERNING BODY
4. Establishment and incorporation of Governing Body.
5. Functions of Governing Body.
6. Appointment of Principal and Deputy Principal.
7. Academic staff.
8. Administrative staff.
9. Delegation of powers of appointment.
10. Vesting of assets.
11. Management of assets.
12. Funds of the College.
13. Borrowing powers.
15. Annual estimates.
16. Accounts and audit.
17. Rules and Orders.
18. Liability of members of Governing Body.
THE CO-OPERATIVE COLLEGE ACT
An Act to establish a Governing Body for the government of the Co-operative College at Moshi and for purposes connected therewith.
[1st August, 1964]
32 of 1964
1 of 1968
13 of 1972
PRELIMINARY PROVISIONS (ss 1-3)
This Act may be cited as the Co-operative College Act.
In this Act, unless the context requires otherwise–
"College" means the Co-operative College at Moshi;
"College year" means such period of twelve months as the Governing Body may determine;
"decrees" means decrees made by the Governing Body under section 5;
"financial year" means the period of twelve months commencing on the first day of July in any year, unless the Governing Body determines any other period of twelve months under section 15;
"Governing Body" means the Governing Body of the College established by section 4;
"member" in relation to the Governing Body includes the Chairman;
"Minister" means the Minister for the time being responsible for matters relating to co-operative development;
"Principal" means the Principal of the College appointed under section 6.
The College shall be governed and administered in accordance with the provisions of this Act.
ESTABLISHMENT OF GOVERNING BODY (ss 4-5)
(1) There is hereby established a body to be known as the Governing Body of the Co-operative College and the government and administration of the College shall be vested in the Governing Body in accordance with the provisions of this Act.
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.