ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title.
3. Prohibition on assaying except under authority of licence.
4. Provisions relating to assayers' licences.
5. General assayer's licence.
6. Restricted assayer's licence.
7. Establishment of the Assayers Licensing Board.
8. Constitution of the Board and conduct of business, etc.
9. Register to be kept by the Board.
10. Cancellation and suspension of assayers' licences.
11. List of registered assayers to be published in the Gazette.
THE ASSAYERS ACT
An Act to provide for the licensing and registration of assayers, to regulate the practice of assaying and for related purposes.
[6th October, 1944]
Ord. No. 12 of 1944
G.N. No. 478 of 1962
This Act may be cited as the Assayers Act.
In this Act, unless the context requires otherwise–
"assaying" means the determination of the proportion of the mineral constituents of any ore or mineral substance; and "assayer" shall be construed accordingly;
"Board" means the Assayers Licensing Board established under section 7 of this Act;
"mineral constituent" means any chemical element, compound or radical in any ore or mineral substance;
"Minister" means the minister for the time being responsible for Commerce and Industry.
Subject to the provisions of this Act, no person shall engage in, or hold himself out as prepared to engage in, the practice of assaying for reward unless he is the holder of an assayer's licence issued by the Board under this Act authorising him to do so.
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.