ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title.
INCORPORATION OF AIR TANZANIA COMPANY LIMITED
4. Incorporation of Air Tanzania Company Ltd.
6. Memorandum and Articles of Association.
7. Authorised capital.
8. Power to operate air transport services.
9. Accounts and audit.
ESTABLISHMENT OF AIR TANZANIA HOLDING CORPORATION
10. Establishment of ATHCO.
12. Tenure of office.
14. Accounts and performance records.
16. Affixing of seal.
17. Meetings and quorum.
18. Sources of funds.
19. Minister's power to transfer property, rights and obligations.
20. Issuance of certificate in respect of contract or commitment.
21. Transfer of orders.
23. Transfer of staff and their rights.
24. Outstanding remuneration.
25. Access to records of the Corporation.
26. Protection of assets from execution or attachment.
27. Stamp duty and other taxes.
CONSEQUENTIAL REVOCATION AND AMENDMENTS
THE AIR TANZANIA CORPORATION (RE-ORGANISATION AND VESTING OF ASSETS AND LIABILITIES) ACT
An Act to provide for the reorganisation of the Air Tanzania Corporation, to vest its assets and liabilities into designated entities and to provide for related matters.
[1st November, 2002]
[G.N. No. 516 of 2002]
Act No. 16 of 2002
PRELIMINARY PROVISIONS (ss 1-3)
This Act may be cited as the Air Tanzania Corporation (Reorganisation and Vesting of Assets and Liabilities) Act.
(1) This Act shall come into operation on such date as the Minister may, by notice published in the Gazette, appoint.
(2) The Minister may appoint different dates for the commencement of different Parts or provisions of this Act, including provisions relating to repeals.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires–
"Air Tanzania Company Limited" means the Company incorporated pursuant to subsection (1) of section 4;
"air transport services" means either or both the business of carriage of passengers and cargo between points within Tanzania and between points in Tanzania and other countries;
"ATC Order" means the Air Tanzania Corporation (Establishment) Order *;
"chose in action" means a claim or debt upon which a recovery may be made in a law suit;
"Corporation" means the Air Tanzania Holding Corporation established by subsection (1) of section 10;
"effective date" means the date on which the Company commences business;
"former Corporation" means Air Tanzania Corporation, Corporation specified by the Public Corporations (Specified Corporations Declaration) Order, 1997;
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.