ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title.
CONTROL AND REMOVAL OF OBSTRUCTIONS
4. Aerodrome control areas.
5. Prohibition of erection of structures in a prescribed area.
6. Notice for removal or reduction in height of structures, etc.
7. Right of entry for removal, etc.
9. Cases in which no compensation to be paid.
10. Manner and time in which claims for compensation to be made.
11. Disputes as to compensation.
12. Rules of Court.
13. Funds for payment of compensation.
14. Planting of trees forbidden.
15. Powers of entry and inspection.
CONSTRUCTION AND USE OF AIRPORTS
16. Director of Aerodromes.
17. Control on construction, etc., of aerodromes.
19. Aerodromes licence.
20. Cancellation, etc., of aerodrome licences.
22. Landing of aircraft on any place other than a licensed aerodrome.
26. [Repeal of R.L. Cap. 581.]
THE AERODROMES (LICENSING AND CONTROL) ACT
An Act to control the construction, use of aerodromes and removal of obstructions on land adjacent to and in the vicinity of aerodromes.
[13th August, 1948]
[1st May, 1974]
R.L. Cap. 261
1 of 1974
1 of 1981
PRELIMINARY PROVISIONS (ss 1-2)
This Act may be cited as the Aerodromes (Licensing and Control) Act 1.
For the purposes of this Act, unless the context requires otherwise–
"aerodrome" means any area of land or water constructed or adopted or otherwise used for the landing or departure of aircraft which is declared under section 3 to be an aerodrome for the purposes of this Act, and includes–
(a) any water area used or intended to be used for the landing or departure of sea-place or other amphibious aircraft;
(b) any building used or intended to be used for the servicing or maintenance of aircraft or otherwise in connection with the landing or departure of aircraft;
"aerodrome control area" means any area, declared under section 4 to be an aerodrome control area for the purposes of this Act;
"Director" means the Director of Aerodromes;
"licensed aerodrome" means an aerodrome licensed under this Act and includes an aerodrome to which section 17 does not apply;
"Minister" means the Minister responsible for aerodromes;
"structure" means any structure whether permanent or temporary used for any purpose and includes a tent or vehicle.
CONTROL AND REMOVAL OF OBSTRUCTIONS (ss 3-15)
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.